Maybe you have something you’re wondering about? Here are some common questions we get. See if you can find the answer you’re looking for.
Read more about Terms and Conditions
The Coala app is compatible with mobile phones with the following operating systems:
The current version of iOS and its two previous versions
The current version of Android and its four previous versions
Telephone not included.
Information about which operating system/version your phone has found general applications in settings> general> about in your iPhone or settings> about the phone if you have an android phone.
Make sure you have the latest software version of android downloaded. You can check it under settings> system> system update on the phone. If the software version needs to be updated, it should be stated there.
After completing the measurement with the monitor, the app shows the result of the measurement. Our system can indicate and detect the most common arrhythmias, including atrial fibrillation.
The sensors on the monitor capture and interpret the heart’s electrical signals, which are then analyzed by smart algorithms. Atrial fibrillation is detected based on analysis of both P-wave and R-R variability in the ECG measurement. The Coala Heart Monitor system can be used for intermittent arrhythmias and to monitor the heart over time if one wishes to.
Read more here for information on what Coala Heart Monitor system can indicate and see the different categories.
Watch this instructional video for tips on how to do a good chest ECG
Watch this instructional video for tips on how to make a good thumb ECG
Sit down and hold the monitor between your thumb and middle finger. Place the monitor just to the left of your sternum and just above your nipple. It is important that the monitor is kept straight and upright. Press the heart button with your index finger to start a measurement and hold the monitor steady during the measurement. Try to relax and breathe normally.
See below for correct placement of the monitor for chest measurement
See below incorrect placement of the monitor during chest measurement
Place your thumbs on the electrodes and the measurement will start when the system has the necessary contact. Try to hold the monitor in a position where you are relaxed for the best possible measurement. Sitting down and resting your forearms against a table or your legs will give you the best measurement results.
Place the charging station flat on a table. Unpack the charger and insert the USB cable between the charging station (small USB plug) and the charger (large USB plug). Charge the monitor by gently pushing it into the charging station as shown in the picture.
The monitor flashes blue when charging and shows a solid blue glow when fully charged.
Make sure you have no unanalyzed measurements in the app before doing the following:
- Go to Bluetooth settings on your phone and “forget your device”
- Restart your phone
- Reset the monitor by plugging it into the charging station with the power cable plugged into a wall socket. Press and hold the on/off button for eight seconds. (It is important to connect the charging station to a wall socket, otherwise, the reset will not be carried out.)
- Remove the monitor from the charging station- (by pressing with your thumb on the bottom of the monitor, not by pulling the monitor straight up),
- The monitor should now flash rapidly green, indicating that the monitor is in pairing mode.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
- Start your monitor by pressing the on/off button.
- Open up the Coala app and select “Connect Coala”
Then follow the instructions on how to reconnect the monitor.
These steps usually solve most of the connection problems, but if it somehow still doesn’t work, please contact us again at email@example.com.
The electrodes depend on contact with your skin, check the following:
- if the monitor’s electrodes are dirty or if you have dry skin, a lot of skin cream or hair in the area where you are trying to take a measurement
- clean the monitor’s electrodes with a wet cloth or 70% alcohol, do not use other solvents
- make sure the monitor is charged
- check the storage space on your phone. Recommended free space to start a measurement is 100 MB
- try logging out & in from the Coala app
Tips! Don’t press too hard on your chest with the monitor when taking a measurement, but instead keep a steady but light pressure for best results.
Carefully lift the monitor out of the charging station by pressing with your thumb on the rear edge of the monitor and then lifting it up, as shown in the picture below.
Click on the link below to access the Coala Heart Monitor system user manual.
When traveling, your mobile phone may not be connected to the internet when you feel the need to measure your ECG. With the monitor, you can perform a measurement even without a connection. The measurement is then saved in your medical record, unanalyzed, and analyzed when a connection is available, and you receive the answer directly on your mobile phone. The measurements are not lost.
- Make sure you have the correct username and password.
- Note that the password is case-sensitive.
- If you have forgotten your password, click on “I have forgotten my details” to reset it.
- Where it says Region: make sure it is followed by the US, otherwise click on the arrow to change to the US.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Contact Coala Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) if the problem persists.
A flashing yellow light from your monitor means a low battery. You need to charge it.
Yes, You don’t need to switch off the monitor, it will automatically shut off after 10 minutes. Shut down the app when not in use.
If you no longer want to see the help texts in the Coala app, you can turn them off. To do so, please:
Go to “My Coala” in the app
Click on “Settings”
Turn off “Show help texts” by dragging the slider to the left
If you want to activate help texts, drag the slider to the right so that the button turns blue.
To set reminders in the Coala app, first click on “My Coala”, then scroll down to “Reminders”.
Then tap the plus sign in the top right corner to choose the time you wish to be reminded, you can also choose the days of the week you want the reminder to be repeated!